TAX PAPERS SYLLABUS DEVELOPERS
This is to inform you that a vacancy has risen at Malawi Investment and Trade Centre (MITC) for the role of Director of Investment Promotion and Facilitation.
Kindly refer to the advert below for further details.
If you are interested and qualify, please proceed to submit an application to MITC following the instructions on the advertisement.
DIRECTOR OF INVESTMENT PROMOTION AND FACILITATION
- INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Malawi Investment and Trade Centre (MITC) is a Statutory Corporation established by the Investment and Export Promotion Act of 2012 following the merger of the Malawi Export Promotion Council (MEPC) and the Malawi Investment Promotion Agency (MIPA). It is mandated to attract, promote, encourage and facilitate investment in all sectors of our economy and to find export markets for goods and services manufactured in Malawi. It is there to fast track, ease and minimize cost of doing business in Malawi for both new and existing companies by offering efficient and reliable one stop services to the business community.
In order to fulfil its mandate effectively and efficiently with strategic leadership and management, an excellent and rare opportunity has arisen to engage a qualified, highly motivated and well experienced person of Malawian origin to fill an Executive Management position at the Malawi Investment and Trade Centre (MITC). The position is that of Director of Investment Promotion and Facilitation tenable at MITC’s Head Office in Lilongwe. The Board of Directors of MITC therefore invites applications from suitable candidates to fill this position on a three (3) year employment contract.
This is a highly demanding position that requires a person who has demonstrable capacity to initiate technical, administrative and managerial innovations geared at making MITC a vibrant and competitive institution. The following are the required personnel and work-related traits for the position:
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Director of Investment Promotion and Facilitation shall form part of the Executive Management and shall be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the efficient and effective operations of MITC’s Investment Promotion and Facilitation. The successful candidate shall be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and supervising execution of all MITC investment promotion activities, investor facilitation services, and processes involving the One Stop Service Unit. He/she will be responsible for packaging and marketing Malawi as an ideal investment location to both local and foreign investors through various strategies, identifying priority investment sectors and project areas and developing investment propositions for promotion. He/she will also be very much involved in influencing and/or developing relevant policy frameworks and proposing administrative procedures intended to further improve the business environment, facilitating entry and establishment of the local/foreign investors with the relevant permit acquisitions, designing, scheduling and directing a broad range of promotional and Investor Service activities including follow-up of investor leads and inquiries, reception of inward investment delegations and missions, organization of outward investment missions and other proactive promotional activities.
- KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Investment Promotion and Facilitation shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Providing leadership, directing and supervising all assigned activities and personnel of the Investment Promotion department.
- In consultation with the Chief Executive Officer, designing detailed promotion strategies and programmes.
- Directing and supervising all MITC investor response and service activities to ensure that appropriate information, assistance and support are being provided to investors on a timely basis.
- Organising and presiding over weekly departmental meetings to discuss issues from operations and to assess status of investor leads and inquiries as well as investment facilitation and after- care activities.
- Coordinating and maintaining high-level contact with potential investors, national and regional private sector associations, government agencies and local and international financial institutions.
- Ensuring effective tracking of investments through the Centre’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Economics or any relevant field; and
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience of which three (3) must be in a management position.
- REQUISITE COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate for the position must:
- Have excellent marketing and promotional skills as well as direct experience in dealing with private companies preferably at the international levels;
- Be able to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of technical and professional staff;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills. Versatility, ability to multi task and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to work as a team leader and member with leadership skills for coaching and developing employees;
- Mature and good communicator with adequate negotiating skills; and
- Be Computer literate.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
MITC shall offer an attractive employee benefits package to successful candidate in accordance with its emolument structure (commensurate with qualifications and experience) which includes salary, medical insurance, and membership to Contributory Medical Scheme.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should submit applications, enclosing copies of the certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three (3) names of traceable referees by 19th April, 2019 to:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations,
P.O. Box 30061,
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.