NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS
The State President of the Republic of Malawi His Excellency Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika declared a state of disaster on Friday 20th March 2020 in response to the COVID19 which was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO). In response to the declaration of disaster, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi has put in place various measures in a bid to compliment all efforts being undertaken in ensuring that the spread of the virus is curbed. The measures are meant to ensure that the health of the ICAM personnel, students and all stakeholders that ICAM works with is greatly safeguarded.
The Institute encourages the students to get acquainted with processes of protecting themselves and their families and therefore calls upon the students to access some literature from WHO which is available on the link: https:/www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance
ICAM offices shall remain operational unless another directive is implemented calling upon total closure of offices. During the operational times of ICAM offices, several measures have been effected to address hygiene management. Please take note of measures in relation to:
- Arrival at the Institute
- Other relevant information
- Communication platforms
- ARRIVAL AT THE INSTITUTE
Students are advised that the Institute has put in place a number of COVID19 prevention measures at the ICAM House. Please adhere to the prescribed guidelines below:
- Hand sanitizing. Hand sanitizers and bucket of water have been put at the main entrance. Students are expected to wash their hands before entering the offices and make use of the hand sanitizers.
- Social distancing. In line with the social distancing recommendations, students are urged to take advantage of the various payment platforms i.e. bank transfers to minimize walk-in into the ICAM office. Students are further encouraged to use online communication models to get in touch with ICAM members of staff for assistance.
- Facemasks and gloves. Facemasks and gloves have been provided to all front office personnel to ensure that our clients are well protected.
- OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
2.1 FINAL REMINDER: PAYMENT OF 2020 ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE
Students are well informed that due to Covid19, the Institute recommends less interaction with students at its office and request that wherever possible all communication to be made through emails and phone calls until further notice.
2.2 JUNE 2020 EXAMINATIONS
- The Institute has considered how disruptive the COVID19 has been to the calendar of tuition providers which eventually affects the June 2020 examinations. The Institute has received recommendations to proceed with the examinations in June as well as consider postponing to a later date yet to be communicated upon assessing the situation and liaising with tuition providers. In this regard and in compliance with a Presidential declaration on state of disaster over the coronavirus, it is the determination of the Institute that June 2020 examinations be postponed up until the environment is suitable for examinations. Students are encouraged however to keep on studying in their homes so that they are well prepared when the new dates of examinations are released. The Institute will keep on monitoring the situation and should new information become available, the students will be informed accordingly.
Programs that have been affected by the postponement are as follows:
Certificate in Financial Accounting (CIFA) Technician Diploma
Chartered Accountant Malawi – All levels
Should there be any sudden change, the institute will communicate accordingly.
2.3 PAYMENT STEPS
No cash payments are allowed at ICAM office. Please effect all payments through the bank. Bank details are as provided below:
Account name: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi in Malawi
Bank Name: National Bank of Malawi
Branch name: Victoria Avenue
Account number: 2888122
Swift code: NBMAMWMW002
2.4 PURCHASE OF MANUALS
Purchase of manuals can be done via the same bank account but a courier fee shall be charged for delivery.
- COMMUNICATION PLATFORMS
To ease communication, students are encouraged to contact the following in case of need for some information
Chrissie Jere, Acting Director of Education and Training, 0995009101
Foster Chingayele, Senior Training Officer, 0999814770
Mercy Mdeza, Examinations Officer, 0884921120
Zion Tamula, Marketing and Public Relations Officer, 0888566797
Patrick Achitabwino, Marketing and Public Relations Manager, 0888304768
Ground lines: 01 810 318, 01 811 301
If you feel like you have signs for COVID19, please seek medical attention immediately. Together we can beat this virus. Together we can safeguard ourselves, the Institute and the nation at large. You all called upon to play your part in curbing the spread of this virus
Francis Chinjoka Gondwe, PhD, CA (M), FCCA
Secretary and Chief Executive
For and on behalf of ICAM Council
23rd March 2020